Enrolling Now: Fall Session
Starts September 9th, 2023
INSPIRE. BE INSPIRED.
Take a journey of self discovery... become the best version of yourself as you grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Whether your dream is to teach Yoga or deeply explore your passion, Tula's teacher training program provides a great opportunity to learn about yoga philosophy, meditation, alignment as well as advance & deepen your personal practice. This teacher training is for more than just the aspiring yoga teacher. It is for anyone looking for direction or simply searching for a deeper understanding of yoga. Students become part of a community of like-minded people looking to evolve their own practice and well being.
Since 2013, Tula’s yoga teacher training has remained one of the Tri-State area's leading programs. Tula has certified hundreds of students through our 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Program. Many of Tula’s graduates are sharing yoga, meditation and other healing modalities that are helping people all around the world. Through this training, you will learn how to teach and practice many different forms of yoga & meditation, as well as different methods for effective teaching. You will learn how to teach to a wide variety of individuals through the use of variations, how to connect with your students, and how to help your students and yourself gain a deeper sense of internal awareness and ease through the practice of yoga. You will gain confidence in your teaching and practice, and find your own unique voice as a yoga teacher. Rather than mold you into any specific style, we believe it is important to honor the individual in you and help you find your own style and path in your yoga journey.
Tula's 200 Hour Training is for you if you are:
• Wanting to learn more about Yoga & Meditation
• Ready to deepen your Yoga practice
• Desiring more passion and purpose in your life
• Seeking community & connection with like-minded people
• On a journey of self discovery
• Ready to help yourself and others feel better and live a more balanced life
Highlights of the Program
• Create well-designed yoga classes that maintain student interest
• Teach with confidence and learn how to teach over 100 different yoga postures
• Understand yoga philosophy and the great literature and history of yoga
• Understand physiology, anatomy of yoga, and the muscles used in each posture
• Teach breathing exercises (pranayama) and meditation practices
• Teach yoga to special groups, such as seniors, prenatal and children
• Develop successful yoga business practices
• Practice your teaching skills in a positive, fun, and helpful environment
• Private FB group for Tula Alumni after graduation
• Opportunities to teach donation classes at Tula
• Overview of Yoga History and General Teaching techniques
• Teaching and Practicing Sun Salutations, Standing, Seated and Lying down poses
• Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances, backbends and Inversions
• Sequencing for Different Styles of Yoga (including Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Gentle yoga)
• The Art of Sequencing & Teaching Methodology
• Introduction to Meditation
• Introduction to the Chakras
• The Physiology of Breathing, Pranayama & Bandhas
• Teaching Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and Savasana
• Anatomy of Yoga & Injury Prevention
• Partner Yoga, Adjustments, and Correcting Students Safely
• Teaching Yoga to Specific Groups (prenatal, kids, and chair yoga)
• Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning
• Mudras & Mantras
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Review of Yoga Literature, and Philosophy of Yoga
• Introduction to Therapeutic Yoga, Ayurveda & Nutrition
• The Business of Yoga and Professional Development
• Finding your Voice as a Yoga Teacher
• Diversity & Inclusion in Yoga
*Every student receives an online manual to go along with each training session. At the end of the training, you will have over 900 pages of reference materials developed and copyrighted by the program. The manuals that focus on asana teaching and practice include photos, alignment cues, teaching techniques, and benefits for over 100 yoga postures.
What Others Have to Say…
“This has honestly been one of the best experiences of my life. Tula was something I looked forward to and I wouldn’t have missed a class for anything. Jen you are such an amazing teacher and so supportive. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have taken my first training with you. You have given me more confidence and so much encouragement. Tula will always be my Yoga home.” – Andi Rankin
"Tula Yoga definitely has the best training program in Monmouth County. The teachers live the principles of yoga, are knowledgeable and passionate about the subjects they teach and are caring about the students. The personal attention each teacher gave during and after the program is vast. It's impossible to do a Tula training and not grow personally and professionally in doing so. " - Marcie Bromberg
"As soon as I walked into Tula Yoga, I LOVED the vibe. Everyone is so welcoming and non-judgmental. I feel at home when I'm there. Our training took place as the COVID-19 pandemic/shutdown occurred. Our teachers were absolute rock stars who still took the time to train our group via zoom. They could have just postponed our training, but they trucked on just as we did. Tula is amazing!!! " - Caitlin Flanagan
“If you’re ready to delve deeper into your true self, then you are ready to embark on a teacher training experience. The Tula Yoga teacher training program is so much more than just learning how to teach yoga…although it certainly taught me that too, and well! This training is such a powerful exploration of yoga philosophy and a great opportunity to study yoga passionately with like-minded people with all different yoga backgrounds. Jennifer Cavalieri has such a beautiful studio with some awesome teachers. The instruction in anatomy, physiology, asanas, meditation, breath work and much more is truly amazing. I learned such invaluable lessons and made life-long friends.” - Aimee Latta Debow
“I can honestly say that with 100% confidence , once you go through something like Tula’s teacher training , there’s no going back, and I couldn’t be happier about that. Jennifer at Tula has provided us with such a beautiful space; she and all of the amazing teachers at of the Tula program have opened their hearts and minds with such grace and humility. They traveled the journey with us and and held our hands through it all. Thank you. ” - Leah Kleiner
“Jen, your teacher training program is out of this world. It has been such an honor to be a part of this program and to gain all of the confidence and knowledge that I have learned from you. I am so happy that several years ago you decided to quit your job and teach yoga. That is exactly what you were meant to do. The passion you have to teach others to teach is so inspiring and so lovely; you have a wonderful gift. You always give your all and that without your sincerity and genuine happiness and love for all that you do, we can never be where we are today.”- Stephanie Garafola
“Jennifer is truly a blessing for all aspiring Yoga teachers. Her teaching, knowledge, encouragement and ongoing support made this training an exceptional experience. I am eternally grateful to Jennifer and to Tula for this life changing experience.” – Sonja Ilijas
“Tula’s Teacher Training was a wonderful experience. It helped me deepen my practice and showed me the best way to share my experience and practice with others. The training had extensive material to expand your knowledge about yoga, meditation, and pranayama. Jennifer, along with many other teachers, shared their expertise in their field. The atmosphere was warm and friendly and everyone supported each other to feel comfortable in the process.” - Alexandria R
Read more reviews on Yoga Alliance here
Tuition & Dates
Sept 9, 10, 17, 30
October 1, 8, 21, 22
January 6, 7, 14
Tuition: Early Registation by June 15th: $3,300.00
(payment plans available)
*Tuition includes unlimited yoga classes at Tula Yoga and Tula online during the training period ($700 value) All payments for the teacher training are non-refundable
FREE Class & Info Session with Jennifer
Saturday June 10th 10:30-12pm
Reserve your spot here
Cant make it ?
Email us for more information!
Ready to enroll?
Step 1: Complete your payment
Step 2: Email us to complete your registration forms.
Already a Yoga Teacher and want to go more in depth? Have a look at our 300 Hour Teacher Training Program